Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gratitude

Often times in life it is easy to get caught up in our personal day-to-day routines, and I think it helps to pause and step back and take note of all the good things we have in our lives.  I want to try to document each week 5 things I am grateful for.

Sometimes long days in the office can feel exhausting and vain, and I have to remind myself how lucky I really am and all that I have to be grateful for in my life.   This week, I am particularly thankful for...


1. Wonderful friends


This has been a tough week for me, and you always know when times are tough who your true friends are.  I'm so lucky that I have the most wonderful set of friends - they are so genuine and caring and mean so much to me.




2. A good job working with smart and fun people 

Our economy is still working itself out of a pretty big hole, and I need to remind myself how fortunate I am to have a good job.  Not only a good job, but a job working with people I immensely enjoy and who challenge me to be a better person and educate me to think about things in new ways.

3. My family

I am so lucky.  You don't pick your family in life, and when God was handing out families I somehow won the lottery.  I have the most wonderful loving and supportive parents you could ask for.  They are always there for me, and I don't think there is anything they wouldn't do for me.  I hope that one day I can give this kind of love and support to my children as well.




4. My health

When times are hard, I always think that working out and the endorphins that come from it are a great natural cure.  No matter how busy I am, I try to fit at least one quick workout in a day (try being the operative word :)


5. Good books 

I read recently that one of life's great joys is bundling up into clean sheet and reading a great book, and I wholeheartedly agree.  It isn't always easy for me to take the time to read each night - sometimes I'm exhausted or it's just easier to watch a TV show or play on the computer, but I seem to feel better after every night when I've chosen to pick up the book instead :)



I hope that we all step back and remember how wonderful life is and take the time to find some gratitude.

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
-- Oprah Winfrey


XO

Kate

2 comments: