Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012

This year our family traveled from Atlanta GA, to Statesboro GA, to Savannah GA, to Amelia Island FL over the Christmas holiday.  There is something so restorative about being with family - those who know everything about you (good and bad) and love you anyway.  I lucked out when it came to family, and living far away from them has really given me perspective on how much they mean to me and how fortunate I really am.  I spent the majority of my holiday break sleeping, eating, relaxing, reading this book, seeing this movie, exercising (a little) and hanging out with my friends and family.


Every Christmas my high school throws a holiday party for all alumni at Sweetwater, a local Atlanta brewery.  These are some of my sweet friends above from high school - I love them.  :)



After spending a few nights in Atlanta we went down to south Georgia to see my grandmother in Statesboro.  This has been a Christmas tradition in my family ever since I was little to spend Christmas morning in Statesboro.  In other news, our dog Moe also received a new Christmas collar  :)









After Statesboro, our family rented a house in downtown Savannah Georgia.  My parents are from towns near Savannah, and we've always driven through it so we took a few days to really explore the city.  Savannah is beautiful.  There are beautiful Spanish Moss trees, historic homes, parks, great shopping, pralines and the beautiful Savannah river runs alongside the town.  The best part of the trip however was getting to see one of my favorite friends from college while we were there.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas holiday relaxing with those you love!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment