One of my new years resolutions is to go to try and go to yoga class more often. NYC can be hectic and busy and somedays I can feel like I'm being pulled in a million different directions, so I thought that yoga class would be a good Yin to nyc's Yang. Last night I went to a 2 hour yoga class at my gym, and the teacher read this excerpt from the book Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. I've started thinking more about how very small conscious changes can make a huge overall different in the quality of your life.
“Something wonderful begins to happen with the simple realization that life, like an automobile, is driven from the inside out, not the other way around. As you focus more on becoming more peaceful with where you are, rather than focusing on where you would rather be, you begin to find peace right now, in the present. Then, as you move around, try new things, and meet new people, you carry that sense of inner peace with you. It's absolutely true that, 'Wherever you go, there you are.'"

No comments:
Post a Comment