Sunday, February 10, 2013

Girls Rising


Last week one night after work, I went with some coworkers to a behind the scenes of the making of the upcoming film Girl Rising.  It is a film about the importance of educating young girls.  The film follows the real life stories of different girls across the Middle East and Africa.  The producers of the film came and spoke at my company and told us about their experiences making the film and meeting the young girls.

I take for granted that I was able to not only go to elementary/middle/high school, but college, and hopefully one day even graduate school.  A big problem they mentioned they found with most of the young girls was access to school - even if they're allowed to go to school, many are harmed trying to get there, and many don't have a school within walking distance.  Most of the young girls are sold around the age of 11 to men when their schooling ends.

This Trailer shows a really moving clip of the film.  I hope to go see it when it comes out and hope you will too.

Thanks so much for reading! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment