Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How old is your soul


Lately something I've been thinking about is what motivates people and why.  Working in corporate America lets you encounter a wide spectrum of people, with all different personalities and motivations.  Its got me thinking about the psychology of the people I've known in my life, and how different people have different views, and how neither is good or bad - but its just their own style of living.

Usually an 'old soul' is considered to be a spiritual person who is wise beyond their years;  a person of strong emotional stability.  Basically, someone who has a deep understanding of the world around them.  I always remember being sad when we talked about the age of souls with my mom because "all the good people were old souls" haha - but its not a competition, its about figuring out whats right for you.


I took this test (a little cheesyI know), but I've always enjoyed these types of questions.  I got the 'dreamer soul'.  What about you?  Do you lean a certain way?  Have people ever referred to you as an old or new soul?  In my family, I think my mom is the oldest soul, and then my sister, and my dad and I  have newer-soul reactions to things.


PS:

One of the most wonderful Old Souls that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

song I like about old souls. 


Unrelated - but really sweet tips on marriage advice :)


"Have you ever thought about the style of a soul?  The style of a soul.  Do you remember the famous philosopher who spoke of the style of a civilization? He called it ‘style.’ He said it was the nearest word he could find for it. He said that every civilization has its one basic principle, one single, supreme, determining conception, and every endeavor of men within that civilization is true, unconsciously and irrevocably, to that one principle. … I think that every human soul has a style of its own, also. Its one basic theme. You’ll see it reflected in every thought, every act, every wish of that person. The one absolute, the one imperative in that living creature..." 

- Quote from one of my favorite books 

No comments:

Post a Comment