Saturday, November 9, 2013

Healthy & Delicious Snacking


I've been hearing a lot about kale chips recently but had never thought to make them.  I first started eating kale in this, but I think kale chips are even yummier.  They taste just like regular salted potato chips, but you're just eating handfuls of kale (win-win!).  I basically ate the entire batch of kale chips alone in one sitting - i mean when else would that happen?  you can't overdose on kale right?  But really these are so delicious and healthy, i highly recommend making them :)


Ingredients:

One Bunch of Kale (I used curly kale, but i'm sure all kinds are great)
Olive Oil (aprox 1 to 2 tablespoons)
Salt (I used truffle salt!)
Pepper


This little jar of truffle salt was worth every dollar of the $15 I paid.  It lasts years, and i've pretty much tried to find a way to put it on anything and everything I eat these days - but it is especially yummy on kale chips.



Directions:

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.  Wash and dry the kale.  It's important to thoroughly dry the kale otherwise your chips may turn out soggy.  Tear the leaves into large pieces and remove the thick stalk.  My pieces were around 3 to 4 inches, the definitely shrink as they cook.  Toss the leaves with enough olive oil to thinly coat the leaves and sprinkle with truffle salt and pepper to taste.  Try not to over-salt because it's easy to add more when you flip the leaves.  Roast in oven for 10 minutes.  Take out and flip all leaves over, and then roast for another 10 minutes.  Cool before putting them in a serving bowl.
Enjoy!


Ps: How to store kale chips and keep them fresh (it works really well)

No comments:

Post a Comment