Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Latest Go-To Recipe


When I went to visit my friend in Charlotte she made us all these for breakfast.  At first I thought ew kale in a drink i'll never like that.  but then after trying it, I realized it tastes just like a regular banana strawberry smoothie, except you get a large dose of fresh veggies too!  


Like all foods that I fall quickly in love with, I get on a real "kick" and eventually overdo it.  Soooo yeah that's what i'm doing right now - basically i'm close to having one green drink a day.  It's just so fast, easy and yummy - and I feel so healthy afterwards.  
I've posted the recipe below if you're interested.  


I bought this little blender on amazon for only $12 and its so great and easy for making individual smoothies.  I even put the lid on the top part and bring my smoothie directly to work.  For making more than one serving though, i'd recommend a bigger blender. 




Green Drink Recipe (for one)
1.5 bananas 
4 strawberries
handful of frozen mango
handful of frozen peaches (or pineapple) 
handful of kale
handful of spinach 
splash of sugar free Almond milk 

(note: this recipe very flexible and can be substituted with any of your favorite fruits)

Combine all ingredients into the blender and power until purred.  I usually end up adding a little extra kale  and almond milk at the to make it smoother.  You can't taste the kale at all so the more the better :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, sounds delish! I've been all about the green drink smoothies lately. Have you ever added supplements to yours like All Day Energy Greens? I'm thinking about ordering some - http://www.ivlproducts.com/Superfoods/All-Day-Energy-Greens-174---The-Best-Energy-Supplement.axd

    ReplyDelete