One of my all time favorite foods is lamb. It's a little known fact about me that if lamb chops are around, I feel I could inhale them by the dozen. When we go to Fogo de Chao in atlanta, I always make sure the guy serving the lamb chops stands very close by :)
Lamb is also much leaner and healthier than beef. So the other day I decided to attempt making a heathy version of lamb burgers at home, and they were delicious!
Simple Lamb and Goat Cheese Burger Recipe:
1 lb ground lamb meat
4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
1 teaspoon sherry
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
salt
pepper
(a few chopped spinach leaves are optional,
but I just ended up making a side salad with mine)
Place the lamb in a large bowl, and mix all the ingredients together in the bowl. Shape the mixture into patties - mine made six patties but it depends on how large you want your burgers. You could also put some of this meat into the pan ground up for the top of a pizza or with sauce.
Grill burgers 5 minutes on each side or until well done, and put on a bun and enjoy!!




YUM KATE!!!!!!! I want to hang out next time you do one of these!!! And eat your finished product ;) heheh... GREAT job!
ReplyDeleteYes that would be great, i would love it! These turned out to be soo yummy i think you'd like them. xoxox
ReplyDelete