I'm working hard on accepting myself and those around me for who they are. I sometimes catch myself thinking, "If I could just show her that if they just did it this way, that I really know better" or "that's not how I do it or how my family does things, so it can't be right." Sometimes I can be a secret 'pusher' to try and change those around me. And really, at the end of the day, what do I gain by getting frustrated about the way other people choose to live their lives? Does it make me happier?
I can only choose to accept people for themselves, or choose to not have them in my life. This, is my work. I'm also trying to be less critical, more patient, less negative, more understanding, kinder, truer to myself when surrounded by different kinds of people, and more courageous to do creative work that inspires me. that's my list for the time being.
Figuring out your own "stuff" and working on it - that's all you can ask for really. And it sure feels great to be accepted in the process, because the change has to come from within, or not at all.
"I let it go. It's like swimming against the current. It exhausts you. After awhile, whoever you are, you just have to let go, and the river brings you home." - Joanne Harris
On another note, I really want to make all nine of these pumpkin recipes. yummm.

No comments:
Post a Comment