I've been taking a weekly photography class as a sort of creative outlet in response to the willful work of my everyday job. I've really lucked out with my photography teachers. They've shown me how to have the right "eye" and helped me see little moments of everyday life in a new way. My teachers have a refreshing lightness to their personalities that can be hard to find in the corporate world.
Class starts off where each student pins up their pictures for the week for the other students and teacher to critique. Each student's pictures are supposed to come together for a final project theme. My project is going to be around my walk to work in the morning. Below are a sample of my pictures from class a few weeks ago. The pictures start out by showing my street, then a few snaps as i walk downtown towards wall street where my client is located, and then a few pictures on my walk home.
These pictures hold a special little place in my heart because they represent a time in my life that i hope to always remember. When I lived in our tiny 800 sq foot apartment with exposed brick walls and a toilet that makes a gurgling noise when you use the sink. and every morning rain or shine (mostly), I walked out onto our lovely little quiet east village street and walked the 35 minutes downtown to my big grown up corporate job. Its a really really good life we live. I hope to always remember that, and I hope to always remember the happiness of my sweet little walk to work.



AMAZING JOB, Kate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 YOU!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Jane! love you!!
ReplyDelete